After coming up with System And Method Of Using Duct Tape To Prevent Damage To Thermal Tiles, I wondered how many US patent filings have mentioned duct tape, so I went over to www.uspto.gov and did a query. I was impresseed by the resutl set of 581 patents that specifically mention "duct tape". I was not really surpriseed to find (via google) that I am not the only strange person to have wondered about this. I was a big freaked out! by some of the patents that I found!
Here are a few of them:
- Method of detackifying an edge face of a roll of tape This seems pretty normal. Travel bag having restraint device for golf club sets Cool!
- Device for treating erectile dysfunction YIKES!!!!! Get It Away From ME!
- Closure device for a protective suit The homeland security section starts here.
- Device, system and method for on-line explosive deslagging
- Suspicious object container and method
- Safety shield for chemical and biological protection
- Remotely operable opening mechanism for potentially booby-trapped latched panels
- Protective gauntlet and garment
- Method of making an optical fiber, with storage in a new bag Now the high-tech
- Altitude simulation method and system
- Nucleic acid fragments for the identification of dechlorinating bacteria And bio-tech
- Muffler sock And the boring stuff
- Temporary replacement window Temporary duct cover BORING!
- Patient transport system Uhhh... no thanks!
- Bee lure Run away! Run away!
- Gravestone planter and kit Even the dead need duct tape!
- Closet hiding place Children's section
1. Duffbert08/03/2005 07:02:23 AM
I can only imagine how you'd treat ED with duct tape...
But just remember... Erections lasting four hours, though rare, require medical attention...
2. Bruce Perry08/03/2005 10:36:09 AM
Those links don't seem to work.
3. Richard Schwartz08/03/2005 12:20:44 PM
Ah... fixed that. Thanks.