I'm scheduled to fly to Paris today, via JFK. Departure is at 4:50 PM. Yesterday, with a snowstorm bearing down on the Northeast, and Manchester in the bullseye for a foot or more of snow, I figured I probably ought not to wait for this morning to fly to JFK. So I called our corporate travel office and got myself put on a flight that left in the evening and booked a room at an airport hotel. Then I canceled my limo to the airport for this morning, and had my daughter drive me for my evening flight, which was briefly delayed waiting for equipment to arrive from somwehere farther West that was already feeling the effects of the story, but which arrived at JFK only about a half hour late.
So, I'm here at JFK despite the fact that my flight this morning from Manchester was indeed canceled. I'm checked in and on the concourse. Air France is still saying that departure of my flight to CDG is "On Time". I expect that there will at least be a de-icing delay, but the plane is definitely on the ground and waiting at the gate, which eliminates a major hurdle. In any case, I have a lot more options being here than if I were at home.
And JFK is not the zoo I expected it to be. The storm here doesn't appear to be as bad as mght have been expected. The snow accumulation hasn't been that much, but there has been a mix of rain/sleet/snow going on more or less continuously since I got in at around 9:30 last night. Weather.com is now showing only 10% precipitation probability for the next two hours, though it does seem like something is going on outside right now. And there is definitely considerable wind and drifting.
1. vesoftware11/05/2013 11:04:02 PM
Agen Bola Promo 100% SBOBET IBCBET Casino Poker Tangkas Online
ITUPOKER.COM AGEN POKER ONLINE INDONESIA TERPERCAYA
alfaonline.com : Toko belanja online murah, Promo heboh jual barang hanya Rp 1,-